Julie Dibens is the dream crusher. With talent operating at the front she is a force at every race she enters. She is that athlete that can win all 3 World Championships; 70.3 Ironman, Ironman and XTERRA Worlds.
A former All American swimmer from LSU Julie Dibens successfully transitioned from an Olympic Hopeful in 2004 to successful titles at both XTERRA, 70.3 Worlds and Ironman Racing. Her dreams were crushed late 2011 with a foot and knee injury that sidelined her Triathlon career until now. During her foot recovery Julie was one of the few woman invited to race the Tour of California time trial. She continued to stay active with event appearances and sponsors never losing sight of her rehab and ultimate return to pro racing. At age 37 she already has a storied career behind her and will be ready to go in 2014 focusing on KONA and XTerra Worlds.
Julie is spirited and engaging with a large endurance audience on twitter she is ready to track her journey to Kona. Julie loves the challenge of racing, the camaraderie and the lifestyle. Legendary Ironman Dave Scott is ready to get her on track. Dave raced at the top of the podium into his 40’s and knows the transition well.
Watch out as we track Julie’s progress with an early Ironman race in Spring to the start line of Kona to chase the dream of winning another World Championships.
- 2009 – Ironman 70.3 World Champion
- 2010 – 3rd place Ironman World Championships Kona
- 3 X XTERRA World champion 2007-2009
- 2010 – Ironman Coeur D’Alene Champion
- 2010 & 11 – Abu Dhabi International Triathlon Champion
- 2000-2004 – Olympic Qualifier Great Britain
- 1999 – USTS Series Champion
- 1997 – All American Swimmer LSU – Graduates in Exercise Physiology